Facts About SUDC
- SUDC is the sudden and unexpected death of a child, twelve months and older, which remains unexplained after a thorough case investigation is conducted. This must include; examination of the death scene, performance of a complete autopsy, and a review of the child and family’s medical history. SUDC is a category of death which eludes our scientific understanding today.
- We do not currently know of any way to reduce the risk of sudden unexplained death in childhood.
- It is unpredictable and preventable at this time.
- See additional facts about sudden unexplained death in childhood via our statistics and frequently asked questions pages.
Facts about SUDC UK
SUDC UK is a registered charity (charity No 1175413) Its mission is to:
- To improve awareness and understanding of sudden unexplained death in childhood.
- To fund crucial medical research to better understand these tragedies.
SUDC UK is proud to be an affiliate of the SUDC Foundation, an established international organisation offering SUDC families professional bereavement support. Please visit our bereavement page for more information.
SUDC UK and the SUDC Foundation are the only organisations worldwide whose sole purpose is to promote awareness, advocate for research and support those affected by the sudden unexpected death of a child. SUDC UK is run by volunteers and provides all services at no cost to families or professionals.
© SUDC 2018
© SUDC 2018