Dear Registered Families,
• FREE ENTRY for you and your family
• Opportunity to CONNECT WITH OTHER FAMILIES – we will have a meeting point throughout the morning and during lunch and, if you would like to, there will be plenty of time to speak with other family members, for children to play together and for you to connect with the SUDC UK team.
• STARS FOR OUR CHILDREN – At our inaugural family day in 2019 (see picture above), families came together to plant a memorial tree for all children affected by SUDC. This year, we hope to hang stars for our children on the tree as a special way to remember and honour them. SUDC UK will also support a virtual star hanging on this day for all who cannot attend the family day, but wish to take part and hang stars at home.
SUDC UK is looking forward to a wonderful day together at the beautiful zoo and are grateful to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo for their ongoing support of this event.
Please request tickets below and we will confirm your place as soon as possible:
SUDC UK is proud to support calm, restorative retreats for parents affected by the sudden, unexpected loss of a child between 1 and 18 years of age. This video explains more about these special events. The next event will take place on the 16th-17th October 2021. Please email email@example.com to register your interest.
“I can only begin to describe the benefits that I have experienced from this day. Thank you so much to all those involved on the day and also those who helped fund and organise. So many nuggets of wisdom and shared emotions. Thank you. “ a bereaved parent.
These events are fully-funded in memory of Autumn Garwood and are based at a beautiful location in Buckinghamshire. The day or weekend retreats provide time and space to meet, listen and share with others who have also suddenly lost a child. It is guided by caring and supportive experts, namely our patron, Jenni Thomas OBE (founder of Child Bereavement UK) and Nicki Whitworth (founder of SLOW). SUDC UK would like to thank bereaved parents, Craig and Faye (www.graysonslegacysupport.co.uk) for creating this video about the retreats.
Additional SUDC UK bereavement resources
- We appreciate the SUDC UK events may not be practical for families living far away and recommend also visiting the events page on the The Compassionate Friends website. This organisation supports bereaved parents and their families. It runs retreats across the country, some with specific themes such as sibling support or support for recently bereaved parents.
- Information on the professional process following a death
- Sibling Resources
- Resources during and after pregnancy
- Family Screening
- Information on scientific research and family participation
- Cards to help with difficult conversations