SUDC UK’S MISSION
Action to Stop Children Dying Without Explanation
SUDC UK is a registered, national charity dedicated to raising awareness, funding research and supporting families affected by Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood (SUDC) – Charity Number 1175413.
SUDC is the sudden and unexpected death of a child aged 1-18 years where the cause of death remains unexplained after a thorough investigation. 40 children are affected every year in England and Wales alone. This is more than young deaths due to traffic accidents, fires or drowning and comparable to 1-2 seemingly healthy children dying every fortnight, often going to sleep and never waking up.
There is limited awareness and research to understand SUDC and currently, no-one can predict or prevent these deaths. They continue to devastate families year on year.
Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood is one of the most under-recognised medical tragedies of our time. Please help us take action to stop children dying without explanation by donating or contacting us today.
- To encourage and fund crucial medical research to better understand these tragedies.
- To support families affected by SUDC.
- To improve awareness and understanding of Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood.
The story of founding SUDC UK
- Families are no longer isolated. Instead, there is a united and growing community of inspiring, supportive families who share a deep understanding of SUDC and it’s associated challenges
- The voice of our families is growing in strength and reach as SUDC UK advocates for their needs
- SUDC UK is granting funds to research and works to encourage collaboration between academics with expertise in this area